Thursday, June 18, 2015

DIY All-Natural Bronzer



 We can file this one under #whitegirlproblems.

I long for olive skin like Princess Jasmine or Pocahontas, but apparently my Irish genes won out (as my scalding sunburn from spending the past weekend at the lake attests). So to deal with my unrequited paleness, I add a little bronzer to my makeup routine in the warmer months.

I stumbled upon this awesome, thrifty, and very effective DIY bronzer recipe over at www.crunchybetty.com. This recipe is great because it has zero funky chemicals, it smells divine, and you don't have to put on pants to drive to the mall to buy anything.

It literally is as simple as adding powdered cocoa, nutmeg, and cinnamon to a little cornstarch. I didn't add cornstarch to mine because I didn't have any at the time (and like I said, I wasn't planning on pants that day, so no shopping) and it turned out peachy without it. You pretty much cannot mess this up. Happy experimenting!

Shalom.








No comments:

Post a Comment